We are currently looking for another member to join our London team. If you are interested, please email your CV and any further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our head office on 01235 819511
Salary: £20k to 24K plus overtime & commission
Location: Central London
At Total Pest Control, we mainly look after commercial premises who want to prevent pests from getting in their buildings in five to six main areas across central London.
The customer interaction and positive approach toward problem solving and doing a thorough inspection are vital for this role.
You will divide your week up working across these areas to provide routine pest control inspections as well as provide reactive support.
We will provide Travel Expenses, uniform, Telephone, tablet and all associated costs for business use.
This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week and there is ample opportunity for evening and weekend overtime within London and across the south of England. We also offer a commission scheme for leads submitted to our surveyors and products and contracts sold directly by yourself.
You will be supported by a regional team of 2 technicians and surveyors and also central operations, although on most days you will be working alone.
There is potential for progression as the business expands.
• To carry out routine preventative inspections to customers businesses and homes at regular intervals, to ensure that pest infestation is kept to a minimum at all times, helping to maintain the reputation and “goodwill” of our commercial clients and peace of mind for domestic and business customers alike.
• Carry out “one off jobs” such as wasp nest removal, flea treatments and moth control for example, in a timely fashion liaising with the customer and deciding the best time for treatment.
• Complete inspection reports clearly and concisely, and obtain the clients signature where ever possible, discuss treatment/inspection with the client and go through any recommendations that you may have made. Keep these in an ordered fashion and hand back to the office on Monday mornings completed and ready for the admin process
• Carry out weekly planning to ensure that you maintain your portfolio of contracted visits at 100%, and that your time is used to its maximum efficiency.
• Your immediate line manager will be the Service Supervisor, and any questions and queries should be directed to him in the 1st instance for resolution.
• Normal hours of work are 7am to 4pm with an hour for lunch; we would expect you to be at your first call by 7am, not leaving home at this time. Overtime is available and expected to carried out evenings and weekends at short notice.
RSPH/BPCA Level 2 award in Pest Management.
Minimum of 2 years practical experience in the field
Competent written and spoken communication skills in the English language
Possession of a full, clean (Preferable) driving license
Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
Comfortable working at heights or getting dirty as this role will involve going into basements in a variety of commercial and residential properties.
Basic IT skills (This job will involve the use of a tablet computer and smart phone)
Positive attitude to work and additional learning.
Proven ability to manage and organise their own workload
Flexibility in this role is essential as working overtime will be required. We cannot guarantee a 9-5 working day, but if you have the willingness and commitment this job role can be very rewarding.
Reasonable DIY skills to undertake minor proofing works
Be able to spot and actively seek new selling opportunities
The key responsibilities of this role is to deliver first class services to our clients by inspecting, treating and advising the client on pest prevention, hygiene and housekeeping matters as well as suggesting new pest treatments and identifying the risk of pest infestation.