What are the signs that I am suffering from Fleas?
The most prevalent symptom of having a flea problem is the feeling of being bitten. Fleas are parasitic and need to break the surface of the skin to find blood.
A flea bite does not hurt in itself; it is the irritation around the red spot that elicits discomfort and itchiness.
As Fleas can easily transmit between both humans and pets, another noticeable sign is continuous itching.
Problems arising from Fleas?
It is very rare in the United Kingdom for Fleas to transmit diseases. However, they can cause considerable distress to young children, who play on the floor, and pets.
Fleas can lie dormant for up to two years, resulting in the problem not being fully eradicated even if the biting stops.
How do I get rid of Fleas?
If you suspect that you have fleas the very first thing to do is to vacuum the entire house and wash any pet bedding on a high heat. However, if the problem remains then professional help is required.
To help you get rid of your Flea problem, Total Pest Control can offer you:
- A friendly, fully-trained local technician, who has the knowledge and expertise to precisely identify the cause of your flea problem.
- The technician can also give advice as to general tips to ensure this does not happen again
- A first visit guaranteed within 24 hours of your call or enquiry regardless of your location
- A residual spray treatment of your entire problem to kill all fleas
- A follow up treatment if requested to guarantee