Signs of a Mole Problems
As Moles spend the majority of time underground, it is very unlikely that you will actually see them. However, the damage their tunnelling creates is easily noticeable. There are two different types of tunnels that a mole digs.
- Shallow tunnels just beneath the surface of the lawn that serve the function of feeding tunnels where a mole searches for worms. These can be seen as ridges in your garden.
- Deeper tunnels further underground created in the autumn and winter when the top soil becomes too cold. This search for warmth is exacerbated as Moles do not hibernate. It is this digging of deeper tunnels which creates mole-hills.
Problems associated with Moles
The main problem from having Moles is the aesthetic damage. They can dig at up to 4 metres per hour resulting in severe damage to any garden, fairway or sports grounds.
How to get rid of Moles?
Trapping and fumigation are the two main treatments to eradicate a Mole problem. However merely trapping the mole is not enough, as if the existing tunnels remain another mole will reclaim it as their home.
To help you get rid of your MOLE problem, Total Pest Control can offer you:
- A friendly, fully-trained local technician, who has the knowledge and expertise to precisely identify the root of your mole problem.
- Traps laid and checked
- A first visit guaranteed within 24 hours of your call or enquiry regardless of your location
- Treatment to destroy any existing tunnels
- If considered a serious problem, Total Pest Control have fully trained technicians able to carry out a gassing treatment for moles.