How do I get rid of Bees?
The treatment of Bees is not as clear-cut as with other pests. This is chiefly because far from being a ‘pest’, Bees are an extremely important part of society; Einstein estimated that if Bees were to become extinct, humanity would suffer the same fate within five years. It is because of this that Total Pest Control shall only treat Bees if it is considered as an emergency, otherwise the help of a Beekeeper should be sought initially who has the ability to move the nest.
Our policy to treatment differs depending on what type of Bee you are suffering from:
Honey Bee Treatment:
- Total Pest Control will only provide treatment if it is considered an emergency. This can include a nest near schools, hospitals, near those who are allergic to stings or in your home, where the Honey Bees ability to swarm provides a clear risk of harm to a number of people.
- Treatment will include an HSE approved insecticide
- A follow-up visit to proof the area to ensure that no further Bees could ever congregate there again.
Masonry/Mortar Bee Treatment:
Total Pest Control will not treat a Mortar/Masonry Bee problem. This is because:
- Despite having a sting, the harm to humans is extremely low
- Are beneficial to our society
- They do not damage buildings; instead they take advantage of existing decay
- As they are solitary bees, it is not cost effective for you to have a call out to treat them
Instead of treatment, prevention of future problems should be sought. This is achieved by re-pointing areas of damaged mortar on walls and chimneys.