What are the signs of a Cockroach problem?
Cockroaches are nocturnal animals; consequently it is not very likely you will see them. However, they do give away some warning signs which you can look out for.
- Egg Cases: Cockroaches shed their skin often during their maturing stages, any sign of this is a clear example of a problem.
- Damage: Cockroaches have a great immunity and consequently will attempt to eat almost anything. This can range from normal foodstuff to packaging, plastics and books.
- Droppings: They leave very small cylindrical droppings where they run, only about 2mm in length that are a dark black/brown colour.
Problems arising from Cockroaches
Cockroaches have a constant desire for food, and consequently will stop at nothing to get to it, regardless of what they have to walk or run through to get there,, For this reason, Cockroaches are a dangerous pests to have in terms of transmitting diseases.
Cockroaches can readily pick this disease from merely treading through food or goods infected. Their resistive nature means that a cockroach can keep the bacterium in its stomach for almost a month
- Allergic Reactions
For those who suffer from Asthma and skin allergies, about 50% are likely to have an allergic reaction when near the presence of a cockroach
- Food Poisoning
Any contaminated food by a cockroach which is then eaten does the have the ability to lead to possible food poisoning, and in worse situations, gastroenteritis and dysentery.
How do I get rid of Cockroaches
As Cockroaches are highly resilient, and resistant to many treatments, it is essential that as soon as you suspect you have a problem you contact professional help. The difficulty in treating cockroaches can be seen in it taking up to four visits for the problem to be fully eradicated if using the spray treatment. The rates at which cockroaches can lay eggs mean a problem could quickly deteriorate further.
To help you get rid of your Cockroach problem, Total Pest Control can offer you:
- A friendly, fully-trained local technician, who has the knowledge and expertise to precisely identify exactly what type of cockroaches are troubling you.
- A first visit guaranteed within 24 hours of your call or enquiry regardless of your location
- Two different treatment plans depending on your need; using a conventional spray (up to 4 visits) or heat treatment (1 visit only)
- A residual spray treatment of your entire problem to kill all fleas
- A follow up treatment if requested to guarantee
- Advice to prevent re-occurrence