What are the signs of a Bird problem?
- Live Birds: Unlike other pests which may go unnoticed, having a bird problem is immediately visible, particularly rooftops, ledges and windowsills.
- Sound: Young birds chirping and crying constantly
- Droppings: A high congregation of birds will produce a substantial amount of droppings, soon amounting to an eye sore
Commercial problems arising from a Bird problem…
- Diseases: Firmly established as vermin, birds through their droppings have the ability to spread a number of different disease. The can include salmonella and ornithosis, both of which could disrupt staff attendance and performance
- Eye-sore /Reputation: Particularly applicable to pigeons with the negative connotations they have. A company’s reputation could suffer if a bird problem is left untreated
- Insect Carriers: Their mobility means that birds are perfect in aiding the transporting of insects such as fleas and bed bugs from one place to another. This has the possibility of adding another pest that requires treatment, raising overall costs
- Damage: Said to be lucky, but bird droppings do have the ability to cause some serious and permanent damage. Whether it is rooftops, walkways or side of buildings, the strong salt and ammonia content resuts in bird droppings being corrosive, and the ability to hasten the rust. In extreme circumstances they can even lead to structural damage.
Bird Control Options…
Bird control is unique from one situation to another Total Pest Control can help you achieve in any, or all, categories depending on the level of your problem.
- Spiking : Sharp Spikes which ensure Birds cannot rest on rooftops or ledges. Versatile solution which can be employed in almost any situation
- Netting : Durable, almost invisible netting, which completely prohibits birds from entering specific areas
- Pin & Wire : Long-lasting spring wire system to stop birds perching on ledges. Practically invisible from ground level.
- Optical Gel : Small dishes installed onto ledges which prevent the bird from landing as they view the disks as fire. Completely invisible from ground level.
- Bird of Prey Visits : Routine visits using a Harris Hawk designed to alter the flight path of nesting birds. Effective long-term solution which requires no installation of fixings.
- Bird Guano Clearance : Full clearance work to remove bird guano on sites to remove all visible waste as well as disinfecting the area to remove possibility of disease.
The Next Step…
If you require any further information regarding our bird and pigeon control methods, or if you would like to book a free, no-obligation survey, please contact us on 0800 7720554. If you would prefer to contact us via email,please fill in our quick contact form and we will arrange a callback with one of our surveyors.
Alternatively, please use the buttons below: