What are the clear signs of a Glis Glis infestation?
Glis Glis are active during a six-month period before going in to hibernation from roughly October to May, depending on local climate conditions. They are mostly active in the summer months.
Glis Glis are nocturnal (active between dusk and dawn), so it is often difficult to see them. There are however a few signs which could indicate that you are suffering from Glis Glis activity that requires help. These can include:
- Noise: The most obvious sign of a Glis Glis problem will be scratching and scurrying in the loft, this is why the animal is often confused for Rats or Squirrels.
- Damage Internally: Upon inspection of the noise in the loft it is likely you will find damage from constant gnawing to different objects in the area where the animal has tried to gather nesting materials.
- Damage to Trees: Glis Glis are very destructive and will cause damage to trees and bark in the surrounding are.
- Location: The areas where Glis Glis are known to inhabit are concentrated to a 200-square-mile triangle between Beaconsfield, Aylesbury, and Luton, around the southeast side of the Chiltern Hills.
How to get rid of Glis Glis?
Quick Glis Glis control treatment is essential should you have an infestation. Glis are a species protected by the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 which prohibits certain methods of killing and trapping except under licence.
Total Pest Control hold the specialist licence needed to trap and kill Glis Glis if the animal is casing a risk to public health or public safety, or serious damage to crops, fruits, livestock etc.
To help you get rid of your Glis Glis problem Total Pest Control can offer a call out service. This will include:
- A visit by a fully-trained local technician, who has the knowledge and expertise to conduct an in-depth inspection of your problem
- A quick solution to your problem; generally using traps placed exactly at the root cause of, offering a swift remedy.
Glis Glis Proofing Works:
- Advice on possible proofing works can be offered and can be carried out if required that would help to limit the possibility of future problems.
To book a Glis Glis appointment please call us on 01235 819511, or alternatively send us an email.